The KU Writing Center is now closed for face to face consultations. Online submissions are being accepted until May 17th at
The Writing Center will re-open on June 4th for the Summer Semester. Thank you and have a nice summer!
Many students find it easier to send us their writing online and receive feedback via email.
It's so fast and simple, there is truly no reason not to before turning in that paper. Just decide what you would like help on
specifically, send your questions and writing through our online form, and wait for our response.
What area of your writing you would like advice on.
(i.e.: thesis statement, general sentence fluency, the clarity of a particular paragraph, etc)
Your paper directly from our website
Include your questions or concerns. We'll receive it instantly and securely.
A response from a writing consultant.
This will be emailed directly to you within 3 business days.
- We will respond to your online submission within 3 business days (M-F) when classes are in session.
- During Spring Break and Finals Week we will respond to your online submission within 4 business days (M-F)
- You may submit two pieces of writing per week online.
- Your submission will be answered in order in which it was received.
- Writing is limited to 8 pages typed and double-spaced, or about 3,000 words.
- The Online Consultation service is extremely useful for those writers who learn best
from written feedback, or who have complicated schedules. If you do have time to stop in and meet
with a consultant in person, you can expect even more assistance with a productive face to face
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.